ORANGE UPSIDE DOWN PUDDING
As we head towards winter we thought we would make a delicious pudding with spiced oranges, perfect with Devonshire Clotted Cream from Langage Farm or Custard.
For the topping
- 50g softened butter
- 50g light soft brown sugar
- 1 jar of Spiced Oranges
For the cake
- 100g softened butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- Langage Farm Clotted Cream or Custard
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. For the topping melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the brown sugar and stir. Pour into the tin. Place orange rings on top.
2. Place the cake ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Spoon on top of the orange mixture.
4. Bake for 35 mins. Leave to stand for 5 mins, then turn out onto a plate.
5. Serve warm with Langage Farm Clotted Cream or Custard