LEMON CURD AND ALMOND VALENTINE’S BISUITS
For our February recipe we had to make something for Valentine’s Day, these zesty little biscuits with their heart of lemon curd make delicious little Valentine’s gift for a loved one. They can be made the day before and given in a tin or box decorated with hearts or a simple message.
- 250g Butter
- 140g Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 300g Plain flour
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 3 Tbs Toasted Flaked Almonds
1. Place the chocolate broken into pieces into a large heatproof bowl with the honey and butter, place over a saucepan of boiling water and melt mixing the ingredients together.
2. Crush the amoretti biscuits.
3. Lightly roast the nuts under the grill, then leave to cool.
4. Chop the stem ginger into pieces.
5. Line a shallow baking tin approximately 20 x 30 cms with cling film.
6. Stir the amoretti biscuits, stem ginger and nuts into the chocolate mixture then spoon into the baking tin and spread evenly. Place in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up then cut into squares.