A traditional Frangipane Tart with fresh raspberries. A tasty little tart perfect with a cup of tea or as a pudding with Devonshire Clotted Cream. The raspberries can be changed to any fruit for a different flavour.
FRANGIPANE AND RASPBERRY TART
- 250g Butter
- 50g Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 3 Eggs
- 125 g Ground Almonds
- 2 Tsp Almond Essence
- 120g Golden Castor Sugar
- 100g Butter
- 2 Tbs Raspberry and Vanilla Jam (Brendon Hill Crafts)
- 1 Punnet Raspberries
1. First make the pastry by adding all the ingredients to a food processor, process until it forms a ball. Wrap in Clingfilm and put in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
2. Once rested roll out the pastry and line a 23cm cake tin, chill for a further 15 mins.
3. Warm the oven to 140C fan oven.
4. To make the filling cream the butter and the sugar, then beat in the eggs one at a time then fold in the ground almonds.
5. Spread the raspberry and vanilla jam over the pastry bae and then top with the almond mixture, finally add the raspberries to the top of the mixture. Bake for l hour until golden and set
6. Remove from the oven, serve either warm or cold with Devonshire Clotted Cream, enjoy.