Ii's the time of year when the days are short, there's a distinct chill in the air we think about winter comfort food. Our chorizo and chicken bake is the perfect winter warming dish, packed with flavours of chorizo and cider made from two of our most popular producers Ashridge Cider and the Insalting Pig and topped with Curworthy Meldon made with wholegrain mustard and cider.
- 1 Red Onions chopped
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 1 tbs. Olive Oil
- Large Jar Chargrilled Peppers, chopped
- 200ml Chicken Stock
- 1 TBS Flour
- Ashridge Organic Vintage Cider
- 50ml Crème Fraiche
- 1 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 Tbs Tomato Puree
- Insalting Pig 150g Chorizo Sausage sliced into pieces
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 700g New Potatoes
- 1 Bunch Spring Onions
- 50g Butter
- Curworthy Meldon Cheese
1. First in a heavy based saucepan heat the olive oil and fry the chorizo, red onion, garlic until softened, add the pieces of chicken and cook until lightly browned.
2. Next add the flour stir and coat the meat cook for 1 minute, then add the chicken stock, cider, crème fraiche and lastly the chargrilled peppers and mix together. Cook gently for 10-15mins until the chicken is cooked and you have a creamy sauce. Pour into a pie/lasagne shaped ovenproof dish.
3. Cook the new potatoes in salted water. While they are cooking finely chop the spring onions. When the potatoes are cooked drain and crush and fold in the butter, milk, and spring onions. Then spread over the top of the chicken and chorizo and sprinkle with grated Meldon cheese.
4. Cook in the oven gas marked 180c for 40 mins until lightly browned on top.
5. Serves 4 with artisan crusty bread and seasonal vegetables.