Black Pepper & Rosemary Cheese Straws
- 100g Plain Flour
- 200g Grated Curworthy Traditional Cheese
- 50g Grated Butter (place in the freezer for 10 mins to harden first)
- 6 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary (leaves only)
- 1 Tbs Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbs Milk
1. Finely chop the Rosemary leaves, and the garlic separately.
2. Place all of the ingredients except the milk into a food processor or bowl and combine until you have fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the milk and pulse or mix together until the mixture form a ball. Place in Clingfilm and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Then roll out dough between a piece of baking parchment and Clingfilm on the top until a ¼ inch thick. Cut into approximately 20 long fingers about 4-5 inches long and ½ “wide.
5. Line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper and carefully place the cheese on top with at least an inch between.
6. Bake at 180* C for approximately 15 minutes. Check regularly so they are only lightly brown in colour they can burn very easily. Cool on a wire rack until cold. Store in an airtight container.