A fashionable twist on a pecan pie. Rather than using maple syrup we have used Salted Caramel Gloop, a scrumptious dessert sauce made by Frandie Macaron. Excellent as a pudding or at teatime with a cup of tea but always serve with clotted cream!
Salted Caramel and Pecan Pie
375g Sweet Pastry.
225g Plain Flour
110g Plain Flour
80g Castor Sugar
150g Soft Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Salted Caramel Gloop
170g Condensed Milk
200g Pecan Nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 200c. Put flour and butter into a food processor and blitz until it looks like breadcrumbs, then add the sugar blitz. Next add the egg and a little bit of milk and blitz until the pastry comes together to form a ball. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Take out of the fridge and roll out to line a 21cm fluted pie tin, leave the pastry hanging over the sides of the tin, then line with baking parchment and baking beans
3. Bake for 10 mins, then take off the parchment paper and beans and bake for a further 10 mins.
4. In the meantime put all the filling ingredients except the nuts into a bowl and whisk until combined, make sure the butter is soft
5. Remove the pastry from the oven and reduce the oven to 140c. Cut away the overhanging pastry. Pour in the filling, then add the nuts.
6. Bake for approximately 40 mins or until set. Remove from the oven and serve with Langage Farm Clotted Cream and warmed Salted Caramel Gloop.