A tasty and light dessert made with fresh seasonal plums, mascarpone and natural Greek yoghurt giving a good balance between sharp and sweet and extremely quick and simple to prepare.
Poached Plums and Mascarpone Cream
- 1 Punnet Fresh Plums
- 1 Tbs Castor Sugar
- 1 Tub Mascarpone 250g
- 1 Tbs Caster Sugar
- 1 Tsp Natural Vanilla Essence
- 3 Tbs Natural Greek Yoghurt
1. Gently poached the plums in a little of water and 1 Tbs castor sugar. Leave to cool.
2. Whisk or beat the mascarpone with 1 Tbs castor sugar then fold in the Greek yoghurt and natural vanilla essence..
3. Layer the plums and mascarpone cream in individual glass dishes ending with the plums.
4. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving
August's recipe of the month now out. Poached Plum & Mascarpone Cream. delicious!!