Nothing beats a delicious lip-smacking carrot cake with a deep creamy frosting topped with chopped walnuts. This recipe makes a wonderfully moist cake with a hint of cinnamon and spice, irresistible at any time of day.
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Mixed Spice
- 125g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 125g Self-Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 100ml Sunflower Oil
- 150g Grated Carrots
- 25g Sultanas
- 50g Chopped Walnuts (25g for the topping)
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 50g Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese
- 230g Icing Sugar
- Grated rind 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
1. Grease and line a square 21cm approx. cake tins. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Put all the ingredients except the carrot and walnuts into a bowl and mix using an electric hand-whisk until well blended
3. Stir in the carrot, sultanas and half the walnuts, spoon into the tin and spread evenly.
4. Bake in the center of the oven for about 25 mins. Then cool in the tin.
5. Next whisk all the frosting ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
6. When the cake has cooled remove from the tin and cover the top with the frosting and lastly decorate with the remaining chopped walnuts.